Who doesn’t love bourbon and cheese? Today, Monday, April 11 is National Cheese Fondue Day, and we’ve got the perfect cocktail + boozy fondue recipe for at-home sipping and snacking courtesy of our friends at Coopers’ Craft and DiBruno Bros. Read on for all the savory details! Photo credit to Dominic Episcopo.
Coopers’ Craft Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey has teamed up with Chef Ashley James, Director of Culinary Operations at Di Bruno Bros., Philadelphia’s premier location for all elevated imports including rare cheeses, meats, desserts, wine, and more, for the ultimate fondue recipe. Boasting three different types of cheeses plus Coopers’ Craft, this cheesy bourbon fondue is sure to impress at your next dinner party or date night (simply halve the recipe for fondue for two) this February. Serve it with fresh crusty bread, crostinis, salamis, crackers or anything else dippable for a fun and delicious appetizer.
For those replicating the recipe at home, Chef Ashley’s cheese recommendations can be ordered and shipped directly from Di Bruno Bros. However, at-home chefs can sub their preferred cheeses in as they please. See the savory recipes below!
BOURBON + CHEESE FONDUE RECIPE
Credit Chef Ashley James, Di Bruno Bros.
- 1⁄2 Cup Coopers’ Craft Bourbon
- 1⁄2 lb. Reading Raclette
- 1⁄2 lb. Seven Sisters Cheese
- 1⁄2 lb. Cabot Cloth Bound Cheddar
- 2 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1 tsp. Mustard
- Few Drops of Pickle Juice
- Black Pepper
- In a bowl, lightly coat the cornstarch into the cheeses.
- Over a medium heat add the wine, 1⁄2 of the bourbon
and the pickle juice.
- Gradually add the cheese stirring all the time.
- Once a smooth mixture is obtained add the mustard,
black pepper, and the remaining Bourbon.
- Enjoy with fresh crusty bread, crostinis, salamis, and anything else you would like to dip into the fondue.