24 September 2018 — It ’s about that time…The Bourse has softly opened with limited vendors and hours. Over the next seven weeks, vendors will continue to open, culminating in a three-day grand opening on November 15th. Guests can taste offerings ranging from Korean inspired flavors with a Latin-American twist to fast-casual Filipino fare. The lineup of 30 artisanal vendors includes traditional Roman pizza, a quality cheesesteak purveyor, a craft cocktail bar boasting locally made spirits, and many more!
The Bourse Food Hall is one of Philadelphia’s most iconic buildings, dating back to 1895 with striking Beaux-Arts architecture, centrally located on Independence Mall. What once was old is becoming new again. The Bourse Food Hall shared oak tables now sit beneath a nine-story atrium that floods the space with natural light and provides an impressive place to eat lunch or grab a drink.
Managing Director of MRP Realty, Charles McGrath said, “We are honored to restore and reveal the original architectural charm and detail that The Bourse holds, restoring glory to this historical building that dates back to the 1890’s. It thrills me that our vision for the Food Hall, and the remainder of the building, will be part of Philadelphia in such a bold way, contributing to our city as a world-class destination for food, beverage, and unique retail offerings.”
Located at 111 S. Independence Mall E., The Bourse Food Hall is open from 7am-10pm Monday through Thursday, 7am-midnight Friday and Saturday, and 9am-9pm on Sunday.
See the full list of vendors below and stop in to find your favorite new spot!
• Bronze Table by Vera Pasta: Vera Pasta serves made-to-order pasta meals alongside Italian wines and freshly packaged artisanal pasta to go. www.verapasta.com/
• Lalo: Lalo is a fast-casual concept with a focus on Filipino comfort food. The menu will rotate seasonally, but highlights will include Inihaw and the Kamatis Salad.
• Menagerie Coffee: A locally-owned and operated specialty coffee shop keeping patrons caffeinated with Dogwood Coffee and Elixr Coffee. The menu will include a variety of breakfast bites served seven days a week alongside fresh Machine Shop pastries delivered daily and made-to-order breakfast sandwiches. www.menageriecoffee.com
• Mighty Melt: Mighty Melt will offer inventive grilled cheese sandwiches crafted from fresh, artisan breads with creative pairings. Local cheeses will elevate each sandwich to perfection and the menu will also offer seasonal scratch-made soups, sides, fries, and a newly launched alcoholic canned shrub, Ploughman’s Cider, and Tired Hands brews. www.mightymeltphilly.com
• Penzeys Spices: Penzeys Spices boasts a vast selection of well-curated, fresh, high-quality spices from around the world, including cinnamon, garlic, dill, and many more. One of a kind spice combinations created by Penzeys are also available such as Mural of Flavor and Sunny Paris Seasoning. www.penzeys.com/
• Takorean: Takorean will bring a delicious combination of Korean-inspired flavors with a Latin-American twist. In addition to their signature Korean tacos, the menu will include Korean rice and salad bowls, all made from scratch with the freshest ingredients. www.takorean.com/
• Barry’s Buns: Baked fresh daily, Barry’s Buns is an all-natural, made-from-scratch bakery that specializes in gourmet sticky buns, cinnamon rolls and liege waffles. www.barrysbuns.com
• 3rd and Ferry: Will boast an expansive raw bar with oysters, crab cakes, lobster rolls, chowder, Fish & Chips, and other New England-style fare. In addition to the expansive food menu, 3rd and Ferry will have a full-service bar serving local craft beers, oyster-friendly wines, and their award-winning Bloody Marys. www.thirdandferry.com/
• Abunai Poke: Abunai Poke is bringing the taste of Hawaii to Philadelphia with a selection of modern Hawaiian dishes and poke, including spicy salmon, tofu, and garlic ahi tuna options. www.abunaipoke.com/
• Baby Buns: Baby Buns will serve fries, buns and the ever-popular rosé wine slushy, frosé.
• Bluebird Distilling: Brings an extensive selection of grain-to-glass award-winning spirits, including Four Grain Bourbon, Straight Rye Whiskey, and Juniperus Gin to Old City with a craft cocktail bar. www.bluebirddistilling.com
• Bonatsos Flower Shop: Visitors to Bonatsos at The Bourse will be delighted by floating terrariums and succulents, seasonal potted and hanging plants, mason jars filled with farm fresh locally-sourced wildflowers, and trendy bouquets. www.bonatsosflowershop.com/
• Break Juicery: Break Juicery is bringing an extensive variety of juices and smoothies as well as açaí bowls and wheatgrass shots.
• Bricco Pizza: With imported Italian ingredients, and a light and airy crust, this pizza transports you to the streets of Rome. Choose from a variety of authentic Roman-style pizzas as well as suppli, a classic street food similar to fried risotto. www.briccocoalfiredpizza.com/
• Chaat and Chai: Chaat and Chai is a fast-casual Indian street food concept from Chef/Owner Anney Thomas. Anney hopes to take advantage of a much-expanded kitchen to serve reimagined Indian fare such as Parotta Rolls, Grilled Tikka Sticks, Chaats and traditionally brewed Chai. www.chaatandchai.com
• Chocodiem: Chocodiem offers hand-crafted, artisanal Belgian chocolate confections along with a range of French macaroons, truffles, chocolate gelato, frozen hot chocolate varieties and more. www.chocodiem.com
• Freebyrd Chicken: This fried chicken hub will offer an extensive selection of sandwiches, bowls, and curly fries, in addition to fresh brewed sweet tea, local craft beer, and more. www.freebyrdchicken.com/
• #getfried: A gourmet fry café specializing in crisp and delicious, made-to-order, topped french fries and finger food favorites. www.getfried.com
• Grubhouse: Grubhouse is back at The Bourse offering all-day breakfast and creative takes on American staples, including breakfast bowls, breakfast sandwiches, pancakes, and more. http://www.grubhousephilly.com/
• Ka’moon: Fast-casual, halal-prepared modern Egyptian cuisine from the owners behind The Taza Truck. Menu highlights include 16-spice grilled chicken, savory sumac peppered sliced steak shawarma, kofta, Egyptian fried chicken, spicy fried cauliflower, and more. www.thetazatruck.com
• Kari’s Tea Bar: Kari’s Tea Bar will offer healthy, made-to-order hot & cold beverages, including Elderberry Shrub, Kombucha on tap, hot tea lattes, Masala Chai Lattes, Matcha Lattes, Golden Milk, and more. www.pureblendtea.com
• Marino Brothers Cheesesteaks: Serving rib-eye cheesesteaks with choice of American, whiz or provolone cheeses wit’ or wit’out. Menu offerings range from a classic cheesesteak to a creative interpretation of a pizza steak.
• Mi & Yu Noodle Bar: This Baltimore based fast-casual hot-spot offers a variety of artisanal ramen, udon, pho, steamed bao bun sandwiches and much more in a create your own noodle bar environment. www.miandyunoodlebar.com/
• Olive With A Twist: A gourmet pantry offering a carefully curated selection of the finest cheeses, pâtés, charcuterie, olive oils, balsamic vinegars, sauces and more. www.olivewithatwist.com
• Prescription Chicken: The first Philadelphia brick and mortar location for this acclaimed soup purveyor will offer a signature spin on chicken soup. www.prescriptionchicken.com
• Rustica Rosticceria: an authentic sandwich shop where Italy and Philadelphia meet, serving up delicious deli classics like House Roasted Pork, Sweet Italian Sausage, and Homemade Italian Meatballs. In addition to their signature sandwiches, Rustica will offer Rotisserie chicken and a variety of side dishes.
• Pinch Dumplings: Authentic, hand-pinched Chinese dumplings made in-house daily with organic and local ingredients. Pinch’s ever-dynamic menu will feature traditional pork dumplings as well as various combinations of lamb, beef, crab and vegetable dumplings. www.pinchdumplings.com
• Rebel Taco: Everything is made from scratch daily using only the freshest ingredients, from the handmade tortillas to the sauces and salsa. In addition to tacos, the Mexican eatery will also serve margaritas.
• Scoop DeVille: A one-of-a-kind ice cream parlor giving guests the opportunity to create custom scoops with their high-quality ice creams and toppings ranging from banana to bacon. Signature menu items include the now-famous Partially Baked Cookie Sundae, Edible Cookie Dough, and Cookie Cup-wiches. www.scoopdevilleicecream.com/
• TAPS Fill Station: The 36-line draft system will pull everything from beer (21 taps) to cider (5), kegged cocktails (2), red and white wines (6), and mead (2). Patrons can post-up at the bar and enjoy a beverage at their wraparound bar or take a growler to go.