August 15, 2017- Bluebird Distilling, a local award winning grain-to-grass distillery in Phoenixville, PA, is celebrating National Rum Day TOMORROW Wednesday, August 16th! There will be offers and discounts on cocktails and a summertime street party in Center City Philadelphia for all rum lovers.
- Bluebird Distilling in Phoenixville PA: complimentary samples of both Bluebird Distilling’s Sugarcane Rum and Bluebird Dark Rum in Bluebird’s expansive and inviting tasting room. $5 Mojitos and Dark & Stormy cocktails
- Bluebird Sugarcane Rum at Pennsylvania’s Fine Wine & Good Spirit Stores (as well Bluebird’s retail store and tasting room at The Shops at Liberty Place in Center City, Philadelphia) are $4 off throughout the month of August
- Rum lovers who love to get down in the street should head to Square 1682 Wednesday 5-9p, for The Summertime Chill Zone featuring Bluebird-rum infused dishes such as rum-preserved peaches with ricotta on grilled country bread ($8) and roasted beets with sour apple, pistachio, and rum sabayon ($8)
- Guests will also enjoy $8 Bluebird Distilling rum cocktails such as traditional Mojitos, Light and Stormys, and a unique take on the Penicillin cocktail — Comfortably Numb made with Sugarcane Rum, coconut rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, Demerara syrup and garnished with grated nutmeg
- Other fun at Square 1682’s Chill Zone comes in the way of icy cold wading pools, street-side sipping on lounge chairs and lawn furniture, and Daniel Kulisek, the Singing and Slinging bartender, who curates a “yacht-rock” playlist and sings to the crowd when the mood moves him