July 18, 2019- Attention all beer lovers and vegan foodies! Philadelphia Brewing Company, one of Philly’s oldest and largest breweries, is hosting its first annual Vegan Beerfest on Saturday, July 20th! This vegan-focused beer festival is the first of its kind in the region, with notable vendors such as Jen Zavala, Martha, and more.
From 12-4 pm, guests can sip on pints of Philadelphia Brewing Co.’s full line-up of vegan beer offerings at the bar in the Peacock Room or from the newly built outside bar in the recently-expanded beer garden. Vegan Beerfest will take place rain-or-shine, and regardless of 100+ degree weather. Guests can cool off with giant misters and sprinklers while sipping their favorite brew.
Attendees will enjoy vegan fare from the following local vendors:
- Jen Zavala – vegan tamales with chipotle yam and kale
- Martha – Vegan Jawn – carrot terrine, fermented radish, dried eggplant, cabbage, mayo
- Philadelphia Brews Creamery– vegan ice cream made with Philadelphia Brewing Co. beers and Commonwealth Ciders
- Chocolates by Kevan– vegan molded chocolates filled with handmade nut butters, fresh fruit gels, and ganache
- Witching Hour Sauce – locally-made vegan hot sauce
The festival is pay-as-you-go, and guests can play free outdoor games, such as corn hole, over-sized Jenga, giant Connect Four, and more all while listening to live music. Vegan Beerfest is the first of its kind in the region and an event no one wants to miss!
. . . . . . . . . . .
– Emily Marmion