11 December 2017- It’s almost time to ring in the New Year! We all hope 2018 brings peace, joy and great food. Check out the list below for New Year’s Eve dinners and events happening in Philadelphia:
Enjoy a Lavish New Year’s Dinner at Urban Farmer
Philadelphians can finish out 2017 with a decadent last supper with Urban Farmer, located right off the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Executive Chef Terry White is cooking up a delicious à la carte menu boasting Nantucket Bay Scallops with meunière butter and honeynut squash and Kagoshima Tenderloin served with foie gras butter and black truffle, in addition to Urban Farmer’s regular menu. The à la carte menu will be available on New Year’s Eve from 5 to 11 p.m. and New Year’s Day from 5 to 9 p.m.
At Assembly Rooftop Lounge, located nine stories above Urban Farmer, guests can enjoy scenic views of Philly and no cover from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. on New Year’s Eve. Assembly Rooftop Lounge is the perfect in-between spot after dinner and before the midnight countdown, guests can enjoy craft cocktails, cozy up outside under heat lamps and reminisce on the year. Check out the Menu below:
Ocean Prime New Year’s Eve Feature Menu
Along with Ocean Prime’s diverse menu of seafood and steak selections, Executive Chef Jennifer Grosskruger will offer featured dishes for guests to enjoy on New Year’s Eve. Check out the dishes available to welcome 2018:
- FEATURE ROLL- Ocean Prime Roll – tempura seabass, beef carpaccio, scallion, spicy mayo & eel sauce ($17)
- FEATURE SIDE- Lobster Mac ’n Cheese ($21)
- SEAFOOD FEATURE- New Zealand Blue Nose Bass with Chanterelles, Parisian gnocchi, herb pesto and Champagne cream ($42)
- STEAK FEATURE- Cowgirl Ribeye and Tomahawks ($65 / $110)
- DESSERT FEATURE- Terry’s Chocolate Orange Cake – layered chocolate cake with orange Bavarian Cream, milk chocolate mousse and candied orange peel ($14)
- BEVERAGE FEATURE- A New Year’s Candy Kiss – 1.5 oz vodka, .5 oz x-rated, .5 oz Chambord, .5 oz cranberry – Served up with dry ice and pink cotton candy in the glass
Square 1682 is Bringing Vegas to Philly to Ring in 2018
Square 1682 is introducing Philadelphia to Vegas sparkle and sequins this New Year’s Eve with an extensive bubbles menu, lavish prix fix dinner and live musical entertainment emceed by lead bartender and singer extraordinaire, Daniel Kulisek. Expect old-school Vegas glamour throughout the evening, starting with a welcome glass of champagne at dinner and a midnight toast to finish. The prix fix dinner is available for $65 from 5:30 to 11 p.m. Music and entertainment will commence at 9 p.m. in the lounge with songs by iconic Vegas performers and Frank Sinatra alike. Guests can sample various bubbly and dance well into the new year at Square 1682.
New Year’s Eve at The Twisted Tail
Kickoff 2018 with a bang at The Twisted Tail’s Masquerade Party on Dec. 31. Live music from the Mikey Junior Band starts at 9 p.m. followed by burlesque performances, a view of the fireworks at Penn’s Landing and a Champagne toast at midnight for both general admission ($20 per person) and VIP tickets ($125 per person). VIP tickets also include food and beverage, table service and reserved seating for the entire party.
The Twisted Tail is offering two dinner options on NYE. From 5 to 6 p.m., guests will enjoy a three-course meal for $55. Chef Leo Forneas has an extensive menu available for New Year’s celebrators from 6:15 to 10 p.m., the $85 cost includes the dinner and show. Tickets available online: http://twistedtail.com. Some of the menu items for NYE listed below:
- Butterfly Shrimp Ceviche with Blood Orange Vinaigrette (photo below)
- Salmon Almondine with sautéed spinach and capers
- Spicy Tuna “Pizza” on puff pastry with salmon roe
- Yellowtail Tartare
- Braised Pork Belly with sous vide egg and frisée salad
NYE Countdown in the Sky
Not sure how to celebrate New Year’s Eve with your youngsters? Take them up to SkyLodge to see awesome views of Philly on Sunday, December 31 from 5 to 7 p.m. There will be party favors, free hot chocolates and snacks. The kids will love the 6 p.m. countdown to fireworks, and parents will love the spiked hot chocolates, food and full bar.
Tickets are $20.17 for adults over the age of 15, and minors are just $5. Limited to four children per adult. Get your tickets https://skybrunch.ticketleap.com/kiddie-countdown-in-the-sky-2017/details.
For Philadelphians wanting to celebrate New Year’s Eve on a high note, SkyLodge is hosting a 2018 countdown 676 ft. above Center City. With open-air panoramic views of the fireworks on the Delaware and DJ Love City spinning all night, it’s sure to be a great finish to 2017!
Tickets are $79 and include a three hour premiere open bar from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m., charcuterie station, dessert station, party favors and champagne toast at midnight. Doors open at 9 p.m. and the party lasts until 1 a.m. Tickets available https://skybrunch.ticketleap.com/countdown-in-the-sky/.
City Tap House Logan Square and University City New Year’s Celebration
Ring in the new year with Philly’s top craft beer destinations! City Tap House is celebrating New Year’s Eve at both locations, Logan Square and University City. Ticket prices vary on upgrades, see below for details:
1.) General Admission – $79.95 per person; group of six or more is $69.95 per person
- Open bar from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., includes most craft beers, mixed drinks, wine, champagne and soft drinks
- Light buffet of meats, cheeses, pizza and pasta dishes
- Party favors and giveaways
- DJ Entertainment all night long
- Champagne Toast at midnight
2.)VIP Admission- $94.95 per person; group of six or more $84.95 per person
General admission perks plus:
- Private VIP entry line
- Early admission starting at 8 p.m. with hors d’oeuvres and open from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Access into the special VIP room with private bar, bartender and food buffet
3.)VIP Reserved Seating- $99.95 per person; limited to groups of four or more people
General admission and VIP admission perks plus:
- A reserved seat all night long with a bottle of champagne just before midnight (1 bottle per 4 people)
- Cocktail service
- Private seating
City Tap House Logan Square Tickets purchased at http://www.upcomingevents.com/e/nye-2018-at-city-tap-house-logan-square-32180/?ref=cthstaff
City Tap House University City purchased at http://www.upcomingevents.com/e/nye-2018-at-city-tap-house-university-city-32179/?ref=cth